Sunday, February 28, 2010

Random 2

It has been so long since I went back to my old hometown. 2 side with a palm oil trees and tiny rocky roads. Remind me a lots of childhood memories. Catch fish with my cousins, run along near the palm oil field and found scary snake, cycle on the rocky roads and fall down. Yet, I still leave my scar with me. Stay on my uncle store and waiting ice stick from fridge. Both hands full with snacks and sweets bring back to grandmother house. Though, my cousin will fight with me. But we still pleasure and share together. Cousins turn into mature and some are married. We seldom play like old time we had have before. Somehow, we care each other and keep good contact with each other.

Walk down to the street; I can smell the salted fish, spices, garlic, onion, fresh coconut milk and etc. That’s my grandmother house, is an oldies wooden made sundry shop. Behind of the shop is where grandmother lives. Middle of the house growled big trunk green coconut. She always likes to order her Indian workers pick it down and let us taste the fresh coconut water. When time passed, grandmother is getting older and the green coconut doesn’t have fruits anymore, just become a tall and old tree stand in the middle.

Flash back the aged album took by grandparents, found out they are sweet couples I haven’t saw ever. Bride photo with black and white background, travel Penang Island together and that’s their honeymoon. Every time smile on their oldest post and fashion styling on the photo. Grandmother will repeat and repeated to their stories, how she and grandpa meet and how they grow my father up. I constantly listen and absorb her happiness even while story about their hard time, she still smile and tough to stand still. Father told us to learn from grandmother, who a good life example in our lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment